Ohio’s new College Credit Plus (CCP) program offers an opportunity for students, who meet the requirements, to earn both high-school and college credits.
A CCP informational powerpoint is attached for your reference. All students who are interested in pursuing CCP whether at STVM or at The University of Akron should reach out to the CCP Coordinator Christa Hovey at email@example.com for further information and instructions.
St. Vincent-St. Mary students will be required to complete the following steps for enrollment:
How to enroll in our College Credit Plus program
- Notify your counselor you are interested in participating in the CCP Program.
- Fill out the applications to the school of your choice:
- Fill out Transcript Request Form and turn it into Christa Hovey, CCP Coordinator.
- This year, taking the ACT/SAT is not mandatory to get into the University of Akron's CCP Program. While a student can be accepted without these scores, in order to register for classes, students will need to take a placement test through the University of Akron.
- If you would like to take the ACT/SAT you can sign up here:
- Fill out and turn in the CCP Program Signature Page.
- Parents must set up an Ohio ID account to fill out funding application. (February 3rd - March 30th)
- Learn how to create an Ohio ID Account
- Please note parent information must be used to fill out the Ohio ID - DO NOT use your student's information.
- Once Ohio ID account has been created, fill out the CCP Funding Application (on the Ohio ID account) by April 1 at 5:00pm.
- If you do not fill out the application, you will not receive funding for CCP classes.
- Attend a CCP Student Orientation and Registration Session. Parents are required to attend with their student.
- Students participating in the CCP Program must be enrolled in a total of seven classes with a minimum of four classes being taken at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School.
- Call Christa Hovey in the School Counseling Department with any questions at (330) 253-9113 ext. 139
- St. Vincent-St Mary High School students will work with their high school counselor and the college admissions counselor to establish a schedule that best meets the needs of the student.
- CCP Eligibility Form
- Annual Information Session PowerPoint
- Ohio ID Account Instructions
- University of Akron CCP Application
- Kent State University CCP Application
- Stark State University Community College CCP Application
- Transcript Request Form
- Ohio Transfer to Degree Guarantee
- ACT Registration
- SAT Registration
- CCP Signature Page
- OH ID Portal
- CCP Checklist (New Student)
- CCP Checklist (Returning Student)
- CCP Probation/Dismissal Policy