Ohio’s new College Credit Plus (CCP) program offers an opportunity for students, who meet the requirements, to earn both high-school and college credits.
A CCP informational meeting was held in December regarding CCP and its requirements. The powerpoint from the presentation is attached for your reference. All students who are interested in pursuing CCP whether at STVM or at The University of Akron should reach out to the CCP Coordinator Christa Hovey at email@example.com for further information and instructions.
St. Vincent-St. Mary students will be required to complete the following steps for enrollment:
How to enroll in our College Credit Plus program
- Turn in the Intent to Participate Form to your School Counselor by March 31.
- Fill out the University of Akron CCP Application.
- Fill out Transcript Request Form and turn it into Christa Hovey, CCP Coordinator.
- Students must submit ACT and/or SAT scores for placement consideration.
- 18 or above on the ACT English exam and 450 or above (SAT - Critical Reading) and/or 430 or above (SAT - Writing) are also acceptable scores.
- To participate in math courses through CCP, students must have successfully completed Algebra 2 and place into college-level math.
- 22 or above on the ACT math exam and/or 520 or above on the SAT math exam also meets this requirement.
- If you have not yet taken the ACT/SAT, please register for the test ASAP:
- Fill out and turn in the CCP Program Signature Page.
- Set up a OH ID account (February 3rd-April 1st, by 5:00 p.m.)
- Fill out CCP Funding Application by April 1st, by 5:00pm (If you do not do this, you will be responsible to pay for the CCP Classes)
- Attend a CCP Student Orientation and Registration Session. Parents are required to attend with their student.
- Students participating in the CCP program must be enrolled in a total of 6 classes with a minimum of at least three classes being taken at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School.
- Call Christa Hovey in the School Counseling Department with any questions at (330) 253-9113 ext. 139
- St. Vincent-St Mary High School students will work with their high school counselor and the college admissions counselor to establish a schedule that best meets the needs of the student.