Planning to Play a Division I or Division II College Sport?
Student-Athletes considering playing a sport at a Division I or Division II institution MUST register with the NCAA Eligibility Center AND confirm that courses taken at St. Vincent St. Mary High School are on the list of NCAA approved courses. Questions about eligibility should be directed to the NCAA Eligibility Center at 877-262-1492. Students are encouraged to complete an audit of the courses they have taken and may meet with their college counselor should they have questions about their curriculum selections.
- Students should register with the NCAA Eligibility Center at the beginning of their sophomore or junior year in high school.
- At the end of the student's junior year, a transcript, including six semesters of grades, should be sent to the NCAA Eligibility Center from the high school.
- Students should have their SAT or ACT scores forwarded directly to the NCAA Eligibility Center (by using code "9999") whenever they take the exam.
Student-Athlete High School Timeline
- Provide your student-athletes with the list of your high school's NCAA core courses to make sure they take the right classes.
- Encourage your student-athletes to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Make sure your student-athletes know whether or not they are on track to graduate on time with the required number of NCAA core courses.
- Encourage your student-athletes to take the ACT or SAT and submit their scores to the NCAA using code 9999.
- At the end of a student-athlete's sixth semester, submit his or her official transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Make sure your student-athletes are completing their core course.
- Encourage your student-athletes to take the ACT or SAT again, if necessary, and submit their scores to the NCAA using code 9999.
- Ask your student-athletes to complete all academic and amateurism questions in their NCAA Eligibility Center account.
- After a student-athlete graduates, submit his or her final official transcript with proof of graduation to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
What are core courses? How do you calculate your grade and classes you need? Talk to your college counselor or visit the links below for more information.
- NCAA Eligibility Center/Clearinghouse Website
- NCAA Guide for College Bound Student Athletes
- Division I Academic Requirements
- Division II Academic Requirements
- "Preparing for College" Presentation by The University of Akron
- NCAA Eligible/Denied Course List (STVM's CEEB Code is 360090)
- FAQs from the NCAA Eligibility Center