The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is a national exam which tests students in five core areas: verbal ability, quantitative ability, reading, math and language arts. This test is a required part of our admissions process. Students can take the HSPT test here or at other Catholic high schools. A student who is interested in an academic scholarship, a STVM Foundation scholarship, or being a part of our intervention program, is required to take the HSPT test at STVM.
Eighth graders can take the HSPT test on one of these dates:
- Saturday, October 7th at 8:30 a.m.
- Saturday, October 28th at 8:30 a.m. (testing accommodations offered on this date)
- Saturday, November 18th at 8:30 a.m.
- Saturday, December 2nd at 8:30 a.m. (testing accommodations offered for this date)
NOTE: Students wanting to apply for STVM Foundation scholarships should test at STVM by November 18th.
Please click on this link
to register your child for the HSPT. When prompted, enter ZH for our access code:
Tests results are usually available two weeks after students test. STVM uses the HSPT scores along with 7th and 8th grade report cards, teacher recommendation forms and an admission application to see if our academic program would be a good match for your child.
Potential intervention students (students with an IEP, ETR or 504 plan) can take the HSPT test with needed testing accommodations on select dates. Our enrollment office would request a copy of the IEP, ETR or 504 plan so that your child could be approved for accommodations such as extended time, a reader or a small room setting.
Academic scholarships valued at $8,000 - $20,000 over four years are offered to students whose composite score is between the 80th and 99th percentile on the HSPT:
- HSPT composite score of 80-84: $8,000 scholarship over 4 years
- HSPT composite score of 85-89: $12,000 scholarship over 4 years
- HSPT composite score of 90-94: $16,000 scholarship over 4 years
- HSPT composite score of 95-99: $20,000 scholarship over 4 years
- The top 5 scores from our October, November and December testing can have their scholarship amount increased to as much as $30,000 over 4 years!
If your child scores higher at another Catholic high school, we would accept those scores.
Parents with questions regarding testing should contact our Director of Enrollment Management, Matt Saxer at 330-253-9113 x116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.