Get Set for College - Junior Year
- Download the Junior Seminar presentation by the college counselors.
- Download the Planning for College presentation - Junior Parent Night - University of Akron
Semester One Activities
- Attend College/Tech Fair at St. Vincent-St. Mary in October. Representatives from about 100 colleges will be available providing information and answering questions for students and parents. Fall of 2020 – attend virtual college fairs only.
- All juniors take the PSAT in October National Merit Scholarship Exam.
- Career and College Exploration Lunch groups are provided in October/November for any junior interested.
- Career Connections Fair for all students Career Connections is an opportunity for current STVM students to explore career options and gain knowledge about careers from professionals in our own community.
- Keep your grades up as much as possible. Junior year grades are extremely important, and are usually the last grades that will be on your transcripts that are sent to schools your senior year!
- Meet with college representatives in-person or virtually.
- Begin researching colleges of interest: Websites, tours, Naviance, and information in the guidance department and library may help you with your search.
- In December the PSAT results will be returned and interpreted to you in class by the counseling staff.
- Parents may call the college counselors, at 330-253-9113 ext. 108 to schedule individual parent conferences if needed.
Semester Two Activities
- Sign up for ACT prep class taught at STVM
- College Counselors will present information about the college process in classes
- College Counselors will begin meeting individually with juniors
- Attend the College Preview Night hosted at STVM by the College Counselors
- Register for the March SAT if needed
- Take the ACT if registered
- Register for the April ACT if needed
- In Naviance, complete the Career Interest Profiler
- Take ACT if registered
- Register for May SAT I or SAT II if needed
- In Naviance, complete a college search
- Create a calendar for college visits
- Register for June ACT if needed
- Take SAT if registered
- Potential Division I or II athletes should register with the NCAA Eligibility Center at https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/
- Take ACT or SAT if registered
- Continue college visits