The Summit County Private High School College / Tech. Fair
When: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 from 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
Where: Student Center and LRC
Why: We expect about 100 colleges or technical schools to attend. In order to make this a successful event we need every student to come to the event and learn about all the great schools available.
Colleges Attending: View a list of colleges attending our fair!
Key points about the fair:
- Every student is encouraged to attend and bring a friend.
- Juniors should use this fair as an opportunity to make a list of schools and not wait until senior year to explore their options.
- Freshmen and sophomores need exposed to this information so they know what to work toward.
- Seniors can pick up applications and make a good impression on admissions representatives. If it's possible they should dress professionally, bring a resume and come prepared with questions about their schools of interest.
- Students may find the list of schools attending outside room 236A in the first week of September (this list will continue to be updated as more schools sign up).
- Learn how to make the most out of the college fair!
Questions? Contact Arica Zimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Connections Fair
When: Thursday, November 7, 2019 from 7:30-9:30 am
Where: LeBron James Arena
Why: To help students gain understanding and perspective of different career paths and what they may be interested in studying in college.
The St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Advancement Team and Counseling Department have teamed up to host Career Connections every fall for all students grades 9-12. Over 100 professionals in various fields are invited to attend this event and share their knowledge with our students. This is a great opportunity for our students to make connections that could lead to possible job shadowing and opportunities in the future.
The students are prepped prior to the Career Connections on what to wear, questions to ask, what professionals will be attending, etc. Each student is required to write a one page paper for their English class on the career they were most interested in.
Would you like to be a mentor at our 2019 Career Connections? Sign up here!
Questions? Contact Linda Reese at email@example.com.