The Fr. Mahar Award and Irish Crusader Award
The Father Thomas F. Mahar Outstanding Alumni Award, named in honor of the priest who founded both St. Mary High School and St. Vincent High School, recognizes alumni for outstanding contribution and service to school, church, community, and/or profession.
The Irish Crusader Award recognizes individuals who are not alumni, but play an integral role at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, and complete our Irish family. These recipients become honorary members of the STVM Alumni Association.
All recipients exemplify the spirit and values of Catholic education, and contribute to the continued success of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School. Nominate worthy alumni or dedicated community members for 2018. Deadline for nominations will be April 1, 2018. Forms available on STVM website (Resources & Forms/Alumni), and may be returned to the STVM Alumni office.
- Father Thomas F. Mahar Outstanding Alumni Award Nomination Form
- Irish Crusader Award Nomination Form
2017 Award Recipients
On behalf of the entire St. Vincent-St. Mary High School family, we congratulate these very deserving individuals, and thank them for their many contributions:
Fr. Mahar Award
- Lee N. Fiedler M59
- Sister Evelyn Craig M64
- Nareene Wong Beck VM74
- Christopher D. Ludle VM79
- LeBron R. James VM03
Irish Crusader Award
- James L. Burdon
- Brian J. Campbell
2017 Awards Celebration Banquet
The 2017 Fr. Mahar and Irish Crusader Award recipients will be honored on Thursday, October 19th, at Todaro’s Party Center. Please contact alumni director Linda Fromm Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-253-9113 ext. 120 for more information.
STVM Alumni Association Scholarship Award
The STVM Alumni Association has had the privilege of awarding annual scholarships to legacy students in their junior year. This scholarship is then applied toward their senior year tuition. The scholarship is primarily funded by membership dues and donations made through the Fr. Mahar Alumni Award program.
Scholarship applications are emailed to eligible STVM junior class parents in February, and are due by March 31st. Forms also available on STVM website (Resources & Forms/Alumni). To be eligible to apply, students must meet the following requirements:
- One or both parents are graduates of St. Mary, St. Vincent, or St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, and are current dues paying members of the Alumni Association.
- Students must be in good standing, and must currently have, and continue to maintain, a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Students must write a 250 word essay describing what it means to be part of a legacy family at St. Vincent-St. Mary.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be notified in April, and recognized in May at the Senior Farewell Mass. We also request that recipients attend the Fr. Mahar Awards Banquet in October to be honored by our Alumni.
2018-2019 Alumni Association Scholarship Recipients
We would like to thank every legacy student who applied for our 2018-2019 Alumni Association Scholarship. We are grateful for your family’s continued support and commitment to St. Vincent-St. Mary High School. Congratulations to the Class of 2019 recipients:
- Natalie Wammes (daughter of Lori Hider Wammes VM83) – 3rd generation
- Cecelia Walter (daughter of Sean Walter VM89 and Theresa Seikel Walter VM88) – 3rd generation
- Joshua Stecz (son of Eric Stecz VM89) – 3rd generation
- Joseph Lombardo (son of Phil Lombardo VM81) – 2nd generation
- Ava Beskitt (daughter of David Beskitt VM89 and Jodi Weiss Beskitt VM89) – 3rd generation
Marian Medal of Peace and Justice
In the spirit of the Gospel, and in the Marianist Tradition, the Marian Medal of Peace and Justice is awarded to a living graduate of St. Mary, St. Vincent, or St. Vincent-St. Mary High School who has embraced and embodied God’s reign by his or her efforts to protect human rights, to steward the earth’s resources, and/or to promote peace. He or she has inspired our spirit, and has revealed the face of God to the world through these efforts.
To nominate a person for this award, open our Marian Medal of Peace and Justice nomination form.