The Fr. Mahar Award and Irish Crusader Award
The Father Thomas F. Mahar Outstanding Alumni Award, named in honor of the priest who founded both St. Mary High School and St. Vincent High School, recognizes alumni for outstanding contribution and service to school, church, community, and/or profession.
The Irish Crusader Award recognizes individuals who are not alumni, but play an integral role at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, and complete our Irish family. These recipients become honorary members of the STVM Alumni Association.
All recipients exemplify the spirit and values of Catholic education, and contribute to the continued success of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School. Nominate worthy alumni or dedicated community members. The online nomination forms will be available on October 1. Please use the links below to submit a nomination.
Marian Medal of Peace and Justice
In the spirit of the Gospel, and in the Marianist Tradition, the Marian Medal of Peace and Justice is awarded to a living graduate of St. Mary, St. Vincent, or St. Vincent-St. Mary High School who has embraced and embodied God’s reign by his or her efforts to protect human rights, to steward the earth’s resources, and/or to promote peace. He or she has inspired our spirit, and has revealed the face of God to the world through these efforts. To nominate a person for this award, click the link below:
2021 Award Winners
Fr. Thomas F. Mahar Outstanding Alumni Award
Joan Byron Perry V59 and Lou Perry M57
Dr. Rita Buzzelli Klein M65
James Sneed VM86
Irish Crusader Award
James Bowen, Sr.
Marian Medal of Peace and Justice
Cynthia Deitle VM85
STVM Alumni Association Scholarship Award
The STVM Alumni Association has had the privilege of awarding annual scholarships to legacy students in their junior year. This scholarship is then applied toward their senior year tuition.
Scholarship applications are emailed to eligible STVM junior class parents in February, and are due by March 31st. Forms also available on STVM website (Resources & Forms/Alumni). To be eligible to apply, students must meet the following requirements:
- At least one parent or grandparent(s) is a graduate of St. Mary, St. Vincent or St. Vincent-St. Mary High School.
- Students must be in good standing, and must currently have, and continue to maintain, a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Students must write a 250 word essay describing what it means to be part of a legacy family at St. Vincent-St. Mary.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be notified in April, and recognized in May at the Senior Farewell Mass.
2021-2022 Alumni Association Scholarship Recipients
We would like to thank every legacy student who applied for our 2021-2022 Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship. We are grateful for your family’s continued support and commitment to St. Vincent-St. Mary High School. Congratulations to the Class of 2022 recipients (pictured L to R):
- Baleigh Burnham - mother Mary Ellen (Dugan) Burnham VM75; grandmother Harriet (McDonald) Burnham M49; grandmother Cecilia (Moran) Dugan V50
- Laney King - mother Ann (Breiding) King VM91; grandmother Elizabeth (Donohoe) Breiding V47; grandfather Richard Breiding V46
- Annabelle Englehart - mother Lisa (Forret) Englehart VM86, father D. Chris Englehart VM86
- Brendan Tomaszewski - mother Lori (Baker) Tomaszewski VM85; grandmother Mary-Lou (Richards) Baker V55
- Cullen Sivak - mother Mary Ellen McAvoy-Sivak VM87; father Craig Sivak VM85; grandmother Ellen (Ost) McAvoy V60