Our goal is to support the development of highly educated and proficient young men and women at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School through a program that trains and then engages participants in leadership opportunities.
In addition, the Student Ambassador Program will provide an opportunity for young men and women to gain appreciation and awareness of multicultural perspectives; established professional and customary practices; and public speaking, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
St. Vincent-St. Mary Student Ambassadors are leaders who commit to high academic standards and to serving both the STVM community and the community-at-large. The Irish Ambassadors are role models who encourage others to be dedicated; they are positive student leaders. Students selected will be representatives of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School and will assist in the positive promotion of STVM. The STVM student ambassador must have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, good moral character, and a willingness to assist with curricular and extracurricular activities. This requires adherence to both the Mission and Vision Statements as well as all standards of conduct as outlined in the Student Handbook.
Student Ambassadors may be asked to participate in the following events:
- Leadership Workshops
- Freshmen welcome events
- Open Houses
- High School Nights
- Shadow Days
- Middle school events/school visits
- Special school assemblies/events
- Informational Sessions & meetings
- Campus Tours
- High School Placement Test Assistants
- Parish & Community events
- Shadow program
- Back to School Night
- Parent/Teacher Conference Night
- Freshman Registration
As a primary representatives of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, Student Ambassadors have the following responsibilities:
- To be a leader for the entire student body and future Irish.
- To serve as an ambassador from the student body to prospective students and families.
- To assist in recruiting students from local and surrounding schools.
- To be willing to assist and support all departments and organizations of STVM.
- To network with community organizations and businesses to promote STVM.
- To possess knowledge of STVM history, academic programs, academic teams, and clubs.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and positive attitude
- Good discipline standing
- Willingness to make the home of the Irish a better place!
Applications are now being accepted for the 2018-2019 school year. Please contact Mrs. Roberts or Ms. Diamond. Due date is March 31, 2018.