The STVM Ski and Snowboard Club is gearing up for its twelfth season! We ski and ride each Wednesday in January and February, right after school. Our club has chosen Brandywine as its ski location due to the wider variety of freestyle terrain.
Our club is typically 70-80 members strong and a great blend of both skiers and snowboarders. We hope you will consider joining us - if you’ve never skied or snowboarded before, this is a great way to learn!
Club Membership Information
Club membership signup begins in October. There are several options to join our ski club. The following membership benefits apply to our members:
- 6+ Wednesday Ski Club Sessions
- 5 Optional Lessons
- 4 Bonus $10 Anytime Lift Tickets (not included for season pass-holders)
- Optional Rental Equipment for Each Ski Session (not included for season pass-holders)
- STVM Ski/Snowboard Club Hoodie
- Dinner and Snacks on Each Club Night
- 2 Bonus Evening Ski Trips (Tentative Dates: Snow Trails in Mansfield - Monday, February 3 and Peek'n Peak in New York - Friday, March 6)
First, select and purchase your pass from BostonMills/Brandywine. Then based on your transportation requirements, choose the STVM club membership option that best fits your needs from the list below!
Ski Club Passes
All ski passes must be purchased and paid for online. You can either purchase a “Club Program” Pass ($203.05 online) or another one of the BMBW season passes. Visit http://www.bmbw.com/club-program to purchase the pass here.
Option A - Ski Club with Busing: This is our most popular option. It includes all the perks listed above plus STVM bus transportation for 6 school club nights.
- Cost: $60 STVM Fee (Check turned in to school)
Option B - Ski Club without Busing: For students who will not ride the STVM bus and will provide their own transportation to and from BMBW. It includes all the perks listed above.
- Cost: $40 STVM Fee (Check turned in to school)
- Weekly Ski Sessions will be held at Brandywine Ski Resort from 4:00-8:00 PM
- We ski on the following Wednesday: 1/8, 1/22, 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/19 (No ski club during exam week on 1/15.)
- The bus will leave STVM at 3:10 PM and arrive back at STVM at approximately 8:30 PM
- The STVM bus will run for six sessions
- The Ski Club Bonus Sessions (Included for ALL members) are tentatively scheduled for the following dates:
- Snow Trails in Mansfield, Ohio - Monday, February 3rd, 2020 from 3:00-10:00 PM
- Peek'n Peak in Clymer, New York - Friday, March 6th, 2020 from 3:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Registration will begin in October. CLICK HERE to download a STVM registration form.
Holiday Valley Trip
We are planning our eleventh-annual overnight ski trip to Holiday Valley in Ellicottville, New York this year. Our dates for the trip are January 16th-17th, 2020. We have no school on Friday, January 17th due to a teacher work day, so we are taking this great opportunity to venture out to some bigger slopes. We will leave at 12 noon on Thursday, January 16th (after exams have concluded). We will be able to ski in the evening on Thursday and all day Friday, and will return home on Friday evening around 10 p.m. This optional trip is open to all STVM students (not only ski club members); however, students must have at least one year of prior experience skiing to be able to go. The cost of the trip is $160.
Meeting Time: Wednesdays after school - January through February
Meeting Place: Student Center to Depart for Brandywine
Advisor: Mrs. Marian Shoemaker