The Senior Capstone Project, endorsed by the faculty, school administration and Executive Board, is designed to provide our students with the opportunity to prepare to learn how to lead and to serve while making connections and discoveries in the fields in which they are interested.
The Capstone Project will take place during the two weeks of May. Students will create a project that fits with their learning desires and needs. During the project seniors will be exposed to real world working situations and opportunities not found in the traditional classroom as follows:
During the project we hope that students will:
- Build relationships with community members and alumni.
- Create a meaningful experience to finish their high school career.
- Learn responsibility, independence, self-discipline.
Students will further develop:
- A strong work ethic
- Problem-solving skills
- Managing and planning skills.
This project serves as a way for our students to make a greater impact on the surrounding community and continue the inquiry process of life. This project gives students a chance to display learning, leadership, communication and Christian values they have acquired through their time at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School. This project is designed to be inspiring and enlightening through the spirit of Catholic education.
- Monday, October 23, 2017 - Faculty Advisers must be selected & form submitted
- Thursday, November 2, 2017 - Attend Career Connections in Student Center
- Friday, February 23, 2018 - Capstone Proposal forms due to faculty adviser
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - Final notification of experience approval
- Monday, May 7, 2018 - First day of Capstone Experience
- Friday, May 11, 2018 - First experience journals due to faculty adviser
- Friday, May 18, 2018 - Second week of experience journals & final day
- Monday, May 21, 2018 - Experience presentations with faculty adviser at 6:00 PM. All experience materials must be submitted to graduate and participate in final ceremonies
- Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - Baccalaureate St. Bernard’s Church 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - Graduation services at Akron CivicTheater 6:00 PM.