Parent-Teacher Conferences Online Sign-Up Information
Oct 10, 2021
Parent-Teacher conferences at STVM are scheduled for Thursday, October 21 from 2:00-5:00 PM. The conferences will be held in the Student Center and LRC. We invite and encourage you to attend to visit and talk with your students’ teachers regarding their progress. Upon arrival, you will receive a printout of your child’s grade card and a map of the teacher locations.
We are scheduling appointments for conferences online using the website PTCFast.com (directions below). Our Parents’ Club will be providing light refreshments for the evening, since we know many of you will be coming directly from work. Our bookstore will be open as well.
Conference Sign-Up Directions
The process is very easy, but it is important to follow these steps! It is also helpful to read through all of the instructions before proceeding.
First, go to:
- Click on each teacher with whom you wish to schedule a conference (you can click on all of your students’ teachers at one time). Another screen will appear asking if these choices are for one student or multiple students. Check the proper selection. On the next screen, please enter each child’s first and last name (If you are scheduling multiple children for the same time slot for the same teacher, enter all of the students’ names in this field), your name, and your email. Press the submit button. You will see a message with a "Thank You for Registering" note.
- You will have to enter your students’ names multiple times if you have multiple students or multiple teachers. To reduce the number of times you need to enter the names, you could first select all the teachers for one student, then after you get the schedules for that one student, click on the option on the left side of the screen to add another student and repeat the process.
- Check your email for an email from Do-Not-Reply@ptcfast.com. It may take a couple of minutes for this to appear. If you don’t see it in your inbox, check your junk/spam folder. Open the email and click on the link that says: “CLICK HERE TO SELECT CONFERENCE TIME."
- You will be taken to the TIME PICKER screen. Here you will see all of the schedules for all of the teachers you selected side by side! You can scroll to the right or left to see additional teachers if they don’t all fit on the screen at once. Select the available time for each teacher which best fits your schedule. If you forgot a teacher or need to schedule the same teacher at a different time for another student, there are options on the left side of the screen for adding other teachers for any given student. There is also an option to view the schedule before confirming in the left column. Once you’ve selected a time for each teacher, press the Confirm Selection at the bottom of the screen to lock in your selections.
- Check your email for your appointment schedule (from Do-Not-Reply@ptcfast.com). This may take 15 minutes or more to appear. KEEP THIS EMAIL. You can go back in at any time and change appointment times or delete your appointments, but you will need the links in this confirmation email. You can print a copy of your appointments from the website, too. You will receive a reminder email a few days before conferences (from ptcfast.com).
- If you need to change or cancel an appointment, go back to your confirmation email and click on any one of the codes listed. It will take you back in to your entire schedule where you can make the necessary adjustments.
PTCFast Scheduling Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I go to schedule my child’s conference?
- Visit https://www.ptcfast.com/schools/STVM, which contains a list of STVM teachers.
What if I need to schedule multiple conferences (more than one child at STVM)?
- If you have more than one child for whom you need to schedule, you should select (check) all teachers with whom you need to conference from the list of available teachers**. You will then be prompted to enter the children’s names for the corresponding teachers. When that is done you can proceed with registering your email address. You will receive a link via email to access the teachers’ schedules. You will see all selected schedules at one time!
- **You will have to enter your students’ names multiple times if you have multiple students or multiple teachers. To reduce the number of times you need to enter the names, you could first select all the teachers for one student, then after you get the schedules for that one student, click on the option on the left side of the screen to add another student and repeat the process.
How do I schedule more than one appointment for a teacher when I have multiple children with the same teacher (as with twins or multi-grade children with the same math, Spanish, or history teachers)?
- You can either schedule them together for the same time slot or if you need more time you can schedule a second appointment. Once you have selected all of your teachers, gotten your email to schedule them and clicked on the link, the screen with all of the schedules will appear. On the left side of the screen are options to Register another conference for … Select the name of the child for whom you need to add a teacher. The list of teachers will appear again. Click on the teacher to add for that child. The schedules should appear again with the new column(s) added.
I registered my name and my email but have not received the link to set up my time.
- If you have not received the confirmation email within about an hour, we suggest you check your spam filter to see if it has put the email in a folder (typically called JUNK or SPAM). If you include email@example.com in your contacts, these emails should not go to your junk mail.
What happens if I realize I cannot make the scheduled time and need to delete or reschedule my conference?
- If you need to remove or change your appointment, please locate the email you received after scheduling titled “Appointment Confirmation for your Parent/Teacher Conference”. Inside this email you can click on the specific appointment. It will take you to the scheduling page, where you can select “Remove Appointment” from the top of the screen or click on a different time if you wish to reschedule.
Will I be reminded of my conference from PTC Fast?
- You will receive a confirmation email indicating that you have scheduled the conference and a reminder email both 2 days and 1 day before the conference date.
I went to the PTCFast web site, http://www.PTCfast.com, and I went to the Parent Sign-in page, but I do not have a code for my child.
- When you follow the St. Vincent-St. Mary High School link and register your email address for the conference, PTC FAST sends an email with a link for scheduling. Another link and a parent code are provided for making changes to already scheduled conferences or for logging in to the site if the scheduling link does not work for some reason. Please use these links for making changes to your conference appointments.