Job Opening - Admissions Coordinator
Oct 13, 2021
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Admissions Coordinator is responsible to the Director of Admissions for coordinating activities that inform and guide prospective students through the admissions process, including but not necessarily limited to special events, marketing campaigns, and administrative duties.
CLASSIFICATION: This position is a full-time staff position. Evening/weekend events as necessary.
SUPERVISION: Student and adult volunteers as assigned.
- Work with the Director of Admissions and Director of Communications to help create and implement admissions marketing strategies that promote St. Vincent-St. Mary High School. This work involves coordinating print and digital marketing communications, student photo shoots, and community engagement activities.
- Represent St. Vincent-St. Mary High School at community events and local high school nights as needed, and answer parent questions regarding the admissions process, school curriculum, tuition assistance, and special education at events, in person, online, and over the phone. Perform follow up work regarding enrollment applications and inquiries.
- Update the Admissions database with student/family information as it is obtained. Prepare reporting on key Admissions statistics for the Director of Admissions, Administrative team, and Executive Board.
- Maintain positive relationships with prospective families, local grade school staff, and internal departments by providing excellent, timely, and friendly communications. Prepare and send communications with prospective families regarding tuition assistance, application status, registration, and onboarding. Periodically visit partner schools to deliver materials and build strong relationships.
- Plan and prepare for on-campus Admissions events and opportunities, including Open Houses, Scholarship/Placement Tests, Shadow Visits, 7th Grade Visitation and more. Oversees student involvement in Admissions efforts and events. Occasionally update Admissions information.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: It is preferred that the candidate demonstrate the following:
- Effective working relationships with faculty, staff and volunteers.
- Strong communication skills, both in speaking and writing.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
- The ability to problem-solve and multitask under tight deadlines.
- A strong desire to promote Catholic Education.
- Knowledge of the Akron/Summit County educational community.
- The ability to work in a positive team-oriented environment but also function autonomously.
- Confidentiality in regards to student information.
- Experience working with a CRM or database.
- Professional experience with a nonprofit organization, private school, or other cultural institution.
- Hold an undergraduate degree.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Admissions Coordinator Job Application.”