2021 CHAMPION: VM92!
Congratulations to the winning class of the inaugural Maple Street Madness alumni fundraising challenge: the Class of VM92 (36.2%)! You have brought unity to your class and rallied together to show your competitive spirit. We are looking forward to hosting your class' tailgate party at the football game on Friday, August 27 vs. Aurora High School.
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you all of our alumni making the Maple Street Madness event such a huge success! Not only did we have 497 participants overall, but 176 of those participants were first time donors! We are glad to have you back and engaged with the STVM community. The grand total of money brought in from this competition is $25,830.00 and we certainly could not have done it without each of our amazing alums!
Here are the 5 highest overall participating classes:
Attention all St. Mary, St. Vincent and St. Vincent-St. Mary Alumni: get ready to participate in the ultimate alumni fundraising competition that will redefine "High Atop a Hill in Akron" and decide which class reigns supreme! This month-long giving challenge will incorporate a March Madness style bracket competition that incorporates graduating classes from all three schools. The winning class(es) will have bragging rights as well as a complimentary tailgate hosted for them at the varsity football game on August 27, 2021 (view the rules/info below for more details)!
Be sure to follow our social media posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @stvmirish as we release more information on this exciting inaugural event!
Ways to Donate Toward Your Graduation Year
- Give through our online donation form
- Give through Venmo
- Please note school, graduation year and maiden name if applicable in memo line
- To be entered into the prize drawing, email your most up-to-date address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Round 1: March 1-11
Round 2: March 13-17
Round 3: March 19-22
Round 4: March 24-26
Round 5: March 28-29
Championship: March 31
Rules & Competition Information
- Round advancement is based on participation (# of donations) from each class throughout the challenge, NOT amount donated
- Minimum donation amount is $5
- The giving percentages for each class will drop to zero to begin each round. A list of overall class giving percentages will be generated at the end of the challenge.
- Percentages and rankings will be posted via social media and email after each round
- Round Breakdown
- 1: Monday, March 1 through Thursday, March 11 - 64 classes compete
- 2: Saturday, March 13 through Wednesday, March 17 - 32 classes compete
- 3: Friday, March 19 through Monday, March 22 - 16 classes compete
- 4: Wednesday, March 24 through Friday, March 26 - 8 classes compete
- 5: Sunday, March 28 through Monday, March 29 - Final Four
- CHAMPIONSHIP: Wednesday, March 31
- Each round, a lucky participant’s name will be entered into a drawing to receive a gift from the STVM Bookstore
- The class that wins the Championship Round will receive a tailgate during the varsity football game vs Aurora High School on Friday, August 27, 2021