Our Ski Club's 10th Season
The STVM Ski and Snowboard Club is gearing up for its tenth season! We ski and ride each Wednesday in January and February, right after school. In the past, we have skied at both Boston Mills and Brandywine ski resorts and are planning to start out our 2016-17 ski season at Brandywine.
We are so lucky to have had such an overwhelming response to this club! Last year, we had approximately 90 members - a great mix of skiers and snowboarders! This is the biggest group we've ever had and we are expecting an equally strong membership this year.
Club Membership Information
Club membership signup will begin in October. There are several options to join our ski club. ALL members receive a ski club hoodie, dinner and snacks on all club nights, and 2 bonus Friday night trips (Tentative Dates: Snow Trails in Mansfield - Friday, February 3 and Peek'n Peak in New York - Friday, February 24). Based on your pass, rental, and transportation requirements, choose the package that best fits your needs from the list below!
Option A - Club Pass Program with Busing: This is our most popular option. Includes a BMBW Ski Pass for 6+ Thursday ski club sessions, 5 optional lessons, 4 bonus $10 anytime lift tickets, STVM bus transportation for 6 school club nights, dinner and snacks on club nights, ski club hoodie, and 2 bonus Friday mini ski trips.
- Cost: $200
- Cost if rental equipment is needed: $260
Option B - Club Pass Program without Busing: For students who will not ride the STVM bus and will provide their own transportation to and from BMBW. Includes a BMBW Ski Pass for 6+ Thursday ski club sessions, 5 optional lessons, 4 bonus $10 anytime lift tickets, dinner and snacks on club nights, ski club hoodie, and 2 bonus Friday mini ski trips.
- Cost: $180
- Cost if rental equipment is needed: $240
Option C - Passholder Club Membership with Busing: For students who already have some sort of BMBW ski pass (season pass, employee pass, pick-a-day pass) but still want to come with us on STVM club nights. Includes STVM bus transportation for 6 school club nights, dinner and snacks on club nights, ski club hoodie, and 2 bonus Friday mini ski trips. Do not register online for this option.
- Cost: $70
Option D - Passholder Club Membership without Busing: For students who already have some sort of BMBW ski pass (season pass, employee pass, pick-a-day pass). Students choosing this option receive all the membership perks listed at the top (dinner and snacks on club nights, ski club hoodie, and 2 bonus Friday mini ski trips) but no BMBW pass or busing is included. Do not register online for this option.
- Cost: $50
- Sessions will be held at Brandywine Ski Resort from 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- We ski on the following Wednesday: 1/4, 1/11, 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8
- The bus will leave STVM at 3:10 PM and arrive back at STVM at approximately 9 PM
- The STVM bus will run for six sessions
- The Mini Friday Night Ski Trips (Included for ALL members) are tentatively scheduled for the following dates:
- Snow Trails in Mansfield, Ohio - Friday, February 3rd, 2017 from 3-11 PM.
- Peek'n Peak in Clymer, New York - Friday, February 24th, 2017 from 3 PM to 1 AM.
To join our club, complete ALL 3 steps:
- Fill out ski club permission slip (Both Sides)
- Register online with Brandywine
- Login Code: stvinstmary
- Password: member
- Submit This Form With Payment to Mr. Brownfield in Room 229
- If you register before November 15, 2016 you will receive your Bonus Club Card in time to use it over Christmas Break.
- NOTE: Do not register online if you are option C or D above - you do not need an additional BMBW pass.
Annual Overnight Ski Trip to Holiday Valley
We are planning our seventh-annual overnight ski trip to Holiday Valley in Ellicottville, New York this year. Our dates for the trip are January 12th-13th, 2017. We have no school on Friday, January 13th due to a teacher work day, so we are taking this great opportunity to venture out to some bigger slopes. We will leave right after school on Thursday, January 13th. We will be able to ski in the evening on Thursday and all day Friday, and will return home on Friday evening around 10 p.m. This optional trip is open to all STVM students and their families, even if the students are not ski club members. The cost of the trip is $150.
Download the ski trip form.
If you have any questions about our Ski and Snowboard club program, please contact Mr. Robert Brownfield, the Ski Club faculty advisor, by clicking on the e-mail link below. See you on the slopes!
Advisor: Mr. Robert Brownfield
Meeting Time: Wednesdays after school - January through February
Meeting Place: Student Center