STVM's Model United Nations team provides an opportunity for students to participate in debate regarding foreign affairs. It also allows students to join an intellectually driven and welcoming community within our school. Since it's inception in 2010, the team has grown to become a close-knit and skilled group of delegates. We compete in local conferences hosted by the Cleveland Council on World Affairs that are attended by high schools from across Northeast Ohio. In addition to local conferences, we compete in multiple conferences throughout the East Coast that are attended by schools from throughout the world. We teach and value our leadership, love, and passion for international relations.
The team for the 2016-2017 school year is comprised of 16 delegates: Alexandra Albanese, Alexandria Oliverio, Alice Mason, Caroline Pier, Cydnee Livingston, Fiona Gaffney, Michael Chmura, Michael Dianetti, Olivia Janolo, Ryan Thune, Vincent Glidden, Owen Presper, Christian Wierzbicki, Olivia Gupta, Alex Kiehnau, and Alexia Peart.
The officers for the 2016-2017 school year are:
- Presidents: Alexandria Oliverio and Alexandra Albanese
- Vice President: Vincent Glidden
- Secretaries: Fiona Gaffney and Michael Dianetti
- Treasurer: Olivia Janolo
- Team Advancement: Cydnee Livingston
Our team will be attending these local conferences:
- Cleveland Council on World Affairs Model UN at the Cleveland Bar Association
- Cleveland Council on World Affairs Model UN at Lorain Community College
- Cleveland Council on World Affairs Model UN at Notre Dame College
We will also be attending the Ohio State Model United Nations Conference and defending our previous two Best Delegation championships.
Our travel team will be competing at numerous out-of-state conferences such as:
- George Washington University Model United Nations Conference
- John Hopkins University Model United Nations Conference
- Carnegie Mellon University Model United Nations Conference
Last year, our team proved enormously successful, having won four Gravels, six Superior Delegations, nine Excellent Delegations, ten Honorable Mentions, and seven Position Paper Awards.
Advisor: Mrs. Ruby Krofsky
Meeting Time: TBA
Meeting Place: TBA