Click Here to download a Kairos application.
Kairos is a retreat for our seniors grounded in Christian incarnation theology. It is an experience of Christian community, with a series of talks given by peers and adults. God's love is visible and enfleshed. It was so in the person of Jesus, the Son of God. We find it so in one another. The mission of the Kairos Retreat experience is to create an environment away, a moment in "God's time", in which participants may be awakened to the ever-present love of God and come to an awareness of "God in all things."
The Kairos experience attempts to make real this relationship through peer ministry, Christian leadership, support, and community. The talks on Kairos are grounded on and centered around the revelation of God's love to us, through all people and experiences of our lives. It is an experience of Christian community!
Prayer and the sacraments are an essential part, as well as the participants' involvement in discussions and various exercises and the program lasts three and a half days. It is not a cure of itself, but a deepening experience in one's Christian life. The retreatant will not necessarily leave the program with a lot of answers, but hopefully will have a greater awareness of herself/himself, others, and the Lord. GOALS of the Kairos program are:
- For students to grow in relationship with God; a God they will meet in the people of their everyday and in life's ups and downs;
- For students to see the deep connection between their own life's journey, the call to Justice and the unconditional love of their God;
- To build a sense of community among students;
- To enable students to hear significant life stories that lead them to reflect upon their own lives;
- For students to grow in appreciation of their own self-worth;
- For students to be better able to see the difficult times of life in balance and perspective and as a possibility/opportunity for personal growth.