The Summit County Private High School College / Tech. Fair
When: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 from 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
Where: Student Center and LRC
Why: We expect about 100 colleges or technical schools to attend. In order to make this a successful event we need every student to come to the event and learn about all the great schools available.
Colleges Attending: View a list of colleges attending our fair!
Key points about the fair:
- Every student is encouraged to attend and bring a friend.
- Juniors will receive the privilege of 2 college visit days if they attend the fair. They must sign in at the table closest to the gym. (Seniors have 2 college visit days but will receive this even if they do not attend the college fair.)
- Juniors need to make a list of schools and not wait until senior year to explore.
- Freshman and sophomores need exposed to this information so they know what to work toward.
- Seniors can pick up applications and make a good impression on admissions representatives. If it's possible they should dress professionally, bring a resume and come prepared with questions about the schools of interest.
- Students may find the list of schools attending outside room 232 in the first week of September.
2017 Career Connections Fair
When: Thursday, November 2, 2017 from 7:30-10:00 am
Where: LeBron James Arena
Why: To help students gain understanding and perspective of different career paths and what they may be interested in studying in college.
The St. Vincent-St. Mary High School Advancement Team and Counseling Department have teamed up to host Career Connections every fall for all students grades 9-12. Over 100 professionals in various fields are invited to attend this event and share their knowledge with our students. This is a great opportunity for our students to make connections that could lead to possible job shadowing and opportunities in the future.
The students are prepped prior to the Career Connections on what to wear, questions to ask, what professionals will be attending, etc. Each student is required to write a one page paper for their English class on the career they were most interested in.
Check this page closer to the event for an updated list of attending professionals.